There are mainly two methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma namely DMAIC and DMADV.
DMAIC is a data-driven Six Sigma methodology for improving existing products and processes. The DMAIC process should be used when an existing product or process can be improved to meet or exceed the customer’s requirements. DMAIC methodology consists of five phases: D – Define, M – Measure, A – Analyze, I – Improve, C – Control.
- Define – Define the project targets and customer (internal and external) deliverables.
- Measure – Measure the process to determine the current process performance (baseline).
- Analyze – Find out the root causes of the defects.
- Improve – Improve the process by eliminating defects.
- Control – Control the future performance.
DMADV is a common DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) methodology used to develop a process or product which does not exist in the company. DFSS is an application of Six Sigma which focuses on the design or redesigns of the different processes used in product manufacturing or service delivery by taking into account the customer needs and expectations. DMADV is used when the existing product or process does not meet the level of customer specification or Six Sigma level even after optimization with or without using DMAIC. DMAIC methodology consists of five phases: D – Define, M – Measure, A – Analyze, D – Design, V – Validate.
- DEFINE the project goals and customer deliverables
- MEASURE the process to determine the current performance level
- ANALYZE and determine the root causes of the defects
- DESIGN the process in detail to meet customer needs
- VALIDATE the design performance and its ability to meet the customer needs
Please contact us to get a quote of this training whether for individual or on-site training. Avail of certain discounts when you register.
What is the path for the Lean and Six Sigma Certification?
Individuals who want to go through the Lean and Six Sigma path can proceed to creating and leading their own projects. The path is as follows:
——————– Lean and Six Sigma Green Belt
—————————— Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt
—————————————- Lean and Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Parsimony Inc. provides training and certifications for these topics. You may inquire with us the rates, dates and how to achieve the highest level of expertise in the world of Lean and Six Sigma.